Monday 10 November 2008

A renaming ceremony

Well, yesterday the boys were given a biology lesson in the anatomy of a cat.

I was enjoying a cuddle with Bella, our new kitty, yesterday and my suspicions of the week were confirmed. Bella wasn't a Bella at all and has lived for three months with a mistaken identity. She was most definitely a he.

When I informed D, he asked how I knew. Nothing like real biology.

After an evening of shock, we spent this morning trying to think of another name for it-I didn't want a boy cat! I've had a week to fall in love with this cat so we did get a name and he will be staying.

Bella has now become Rum Tum Tugger, or Tugger for short. How can you tell my son's favourite video is Cats the Musical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love, love, love his name.....will he require therapy to undo the stress of living as a female?

LoriRay said...

LOL!!! That is too funny!

We had a cat find us several years ago and we named him Freddy. The next day, we discovered he was a she so we just changed the spelling to Freddie. hahahahahaha