I think it is a pet owners worst nightmare, coming in to see them having a fit.
Yesterday, as I was cleaning up, there was an almighty bang from J's bedroom and then it sounded like things were being thrown across the room. I might not have taken any notice, but the boys hadn't come back from a sleepover.
I found Tugger having a fit, and the poor little might was terrified. Once the worst was over, he continued with the shakes, but he purred the whole time I was with him.
The vet came and took him to be hospitalised. He suspects he has been poisoned, not necessarily on purpose. He has been given several doses of sedative, and though the shakes have diminished, they were still there. Tugger was also on a drip to give him fluids. As of yesterday, there was no damage to his kidneys.
I have to wait until later this morning for a further update, but I didn't half miss waking up to him at the bottom of the bed this morning.