Thursday 11 September 2008

Awkward Tarantula

Leaving Nipper to move home on his own didn't work. I had to help him on his way this morning. I'm not sure who was more frightened, him or me. I hate spiders and this one is big and can move very quickly.

Armed with a small paintbrush and a piece of paper I was ready to begin. The paper was used to stop Nipper from returning to his old home and I used the paintbrush to move him in the right direction. I am sure if I had been using my fingers, I would have felt his fangs.

With a little encouragement we managed to get him out and quickly took out the old tank and replaced the lid on the new tank.

By the time I had finished, my hands were shaking and I was well in need of a cup of tea which J made for me. It was a great relief that he hadn't escaped like he did the last time he moved home.

Here you can see Nipper in his new surroundings with plenty of room to grow. By this evening he had webbed behind his "rock" so he seems as happy as a spider can be.

No comments: